TAP cabin crew calls off strike after reaching deal

The cabin crew of Portuguese flag carrier TAP accepted a proposal put forward by its employer and will thus call off the strike they had planned for 25 to 31 January, an official from the National Civil Aviation Flight Staff Union SNPVAC which called for industrial action to be held, told Lusa.

The proposal presented by Portugal’s national airline was approved with 654 votes in favour, 301 votes against and 20 abstentions, at a general cabin crew meeting.

On Thursday, at their last general meeting, TAP cabin crew had rejected for the second time a company proposal that met 12 of the 14 demands outlined by SNPVAC, put forward by the company in an attempt to head off this latest in a series of strikes in recent months.

Relative to Thursday’s session, TAP’s latest proposal sees the company pledge to cancel a planned 25% cut in staff’s complementary daily allowances – a cost-saving measure that it had previously said was necessary as part of a far-reaching restructuring of the state-controlled airline.

(Jorge Oliveira | Lusa.pt)

Source: euractiv.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *