Right on his birthday: King Charles III's brother arrested in Britain

On February 19, British law enforcement officers arrested King Charles III's brother Andrew, who was stripped of all his titles due to his ties to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, on suspicion of abuse of power, the BBC reported.

VIDEO OF THE DAY

In particular, unmarked police cars drove up to the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor lived, in the early hours of the morning. The king's brother was arrested by Thames Valley Police. Police are also conducting searches in Norfolk and Berkshire.

He is suspected of abuse of power. Former Prince Andrew was arrested on his 66th birthday. He remains in custody.

“Following a thorough assessment, we have opened an investigation into this allegation of abuse of office. It is important to maintain the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged wrongdoing. We recognise the significant public interest in this matter and will provide updates in due course,” said Deputy Chief Constable Oliver Wright.

ADVERTISING

Recall, King Charles stripped his younger brother of his royal title and evicted him from the Royal Lodge mansion in Windsor in October 2025. Before that, Andrew voluntarily renounced the title of Duke of York amid sex scandals.

What was Andrew previously accused of?

Virginia Giuffre claims the prince raped her in London when she was 17. He also allegedly had a sexual relationship with her in New York. The lawsuit says the prince engaged in sexual acts without her consent, knowing her age, and that Giuffre “was a victim of human trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation.”

Among those who encouraged her to have sex, Giuffre names financier Jeffrey Epstein and his girlfriend and assistant Gileane Maxwell. According to Giuffre, these are two episodes – in New York and on Epstein's private island, which is part of the Virgin Islands. She claims that the financier directly or indirectly threatened her, and she was forced to follow his orders because she feared punishment or death.

After Andrew's lawyers failed to persuade a US court in New York to drop Giuffre's civil lawsuit, Andrew was stripped of his royal patronage and military ranks and decorations. The British prince later requested a jury trial. Ultimately, Andrew settled Giuffre's lawsuit out of court and did not appear in court.

ADVERTISING

In October 2025, Andrew announced that he would stop using the title of Duke of York after years of criticism over his behavior and ties to American criminal and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The British government, at the request of King Charles III, is working to strip former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor of the rank of vice admiral — the last honorary military rank held by Andrew.

Previously, FACTS wrote about Donald Trump's reaction to the stripping of Prince Andrew of his titles.

ADVERTISING

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *